Course ID: AC113
If you are naturally organised and love the romance of weddings, then a career as a wedding planner is perfect for you!
- Describe the nature and scope of wedding planning and the wedding industry.
- Present a client with options and facilitate key decision making for a wedding.
- Explain how to handle different personalities and the roles of different members of the bridal party.
- Select and manage the use of appropriate locations for and associated with a wedding
- Develop a program or schedule of activities and events associated with a wedding.
- Manage those events within the time constraints of the established schedule.
- Effectively control events on the day of a wedding.
- Improve your ability to communicate with, and assist the people who have employed you to manage a wedding; to achieve a desired outcome.
- Prepare to manage a wedding day, planning for all foreseeable and significant contingencies.
- Establish and run a viable wedding planning service
What you will learn:
- Introduction: Covers the nature, scope, opportunities and options available when planning a wedding. Looks at different types of weddings, understanding ceremonies (different religions, celebrants etc), receptions and working with wedding photographers, reception centers, churches etc.
- Planning: Choosing locations, services, products to use from reception centers, rings, the church or venue, catering and flowers. Also covers themed weddings, destination weddings and off-beat weddings.
- Managing People: Handling different personalities and the role of different members of the party.
- Managing Locations: Reception, Church, Photo Shoot Location, Pre-Wedding Hen/Stag Parties etc.
- Managing the Program: Arrivals, Departures, Ceremonies, Speeches, Entertainment, Eating, Drinking, Dancing etc.
- Other Issues: Photography, Video, Flowers, Clothing, The Beautician, Invitations, Stationery, Gifts etc.
- Managing the Client: Interviewing a Client, Facilitating a Plan, Budgeting, Establishing a Contract; Management Techniques, Flow Charts, Check Lists, Schedules.
- Managing the Wedding Day: Planning for Contingencies.
- Operating a Wedding Business: Naming your business, dreaming up the plan, designing a web page. Advertising, PR, Costing Structures, Finance, Contracts, Insurance, Starting a Business, Cancellation Policies, Industry Associations, Building Relationships with Service Providers.